Who We Are
Lincoln Hills Cares has proudly partnered with Teens Inc., to create the TeamWorks program. TeamWorks is a summer intensive service learning program that engages a diverse group of youth ages 16-21 from Metro Denver and the Front Range region of Colorado.
TeamWorks fuels intrinsic motivation, personal accountability, communication and collaboration, scientific reasoning and critical thinking in youth and young adults to propel them toward successful academic and professional paths.
What We Do
TeamWorks integrates paid work experience with education in the natural sciences, life skills training and career preparation for youth and young adults who participate in projects related to environmental conservation, local history, civic duty and land management. Team members earn working wages while developing real skills and experience in collaborative projects. Under the supportive supervision of expert educators, TeamWorks participants plan and direct projects themselves. Team-based, youth centered projects stimulate innate curiosity, excite intrinsic motivation and so produce lasting learning.
Youth who complete the TeamWorks program emerge with self-confidence balanced with respect for their peers, genuine academic and professional accomplishments, and a life enhancing positive attitude about themselves and their potential to be productive, contributing members of their communities and the world.
Upon completion of the TeamWorks program, Colorado students who demonstrate outstanding effort and performance in and out of the classroom are eligible to receive a scholarship.
Partners & Projects
Projects include: trail building and maintenance, noxious weed control, habitat restoration, fire and flood mitigation/restoration, and more
- Audubon Society
- City of Longmont Parks, Open Space and Trails – Button Rock Preserve
- Coalition for the Upper South Platte
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife – Castlewood Canyon State Park, Cherry Creek State Park, Eldorado Canyon State Park
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Water – Gross Reservoir
- Four Mile Watershed Coalition
- Habitat for Humanity
- Jefferson County Open Space
- Montbello Neighborhood (Urban Gardens)
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- United States Forest Service
- Wildland Restoration Volunteers